Hezbollah Fighters to Sheikh Qassem: Southern Lebanon Will Be Liberated Only by the Resistance
In a message of allegiance to Sheikh Naim Qassem, Hezbollah fighters vowed to continue inflicting heavy losses on Israeli forces until the occupation is driven from southern Lebanon.
Lebanon, PUREWILAYAH.COM — Fighters of Hezbollah have renewed their allegiance to Secretary-General Sheikh Naim Qassem, declaring that southern Lebanon “refuses to be liberated except by the hands of its Resistance fighters” and pledging to continue military operations until the Israeli occupation is expelled in defeat and humiliation.
The message, released by the Islamic Resistance Military Media and reported by Al Mayadeen English, praised Sheikh Qassem’s leadership and credited him with guiding a sustained campaign that has inflicted significant losses on Israeli occupation forces along the Lebanon–occupied Palestine border.
“We will neither rest nor sleep until the occupation departs from our land in defeat and humiliation,” the fighters wrote.
“New Epics of Karbala”
In their letter, the fighters described the ongoing confrontations as “new epics of Karbala-like resistance.”
They said Resistance fighters are using every available weapon to hunt the enemy, destroy its tanks, burn its vehicles, and strike fear into its soldiers.
“Each day, they inscribe epics of steadfast resistance, echoing Karbala in spirit and resolve,” the message stated.
The fighters added that the Israeli occupation army has become increasingly fearful, constantly watching the skies for drone attacks and barrages while scanning the ground for explosives and ambushes.
Renewed Oath of Loyalty
Addressing Sheikh Qassem directly, the fighters thanked him for his earlier message, describing it as carrying “the touch of a father upon his sons, a commander upon his soldiers, and a guide upon his devoted followers.”
They renewed their oath to continue on the path of resistance in defense of “honor, freedom, dignity, and independence.”
“The life of nations is earned only through sacrifice,” they wrote. “The honorable South refuses to be liberated except by the hands of its Resistance fighters.”
Response to Sheikh Qassem’s Earlier Letter
The statement came in response to a letter issued by Sheikh Naim Qassem on May 12, in which he told fighters and commanders that the Resistance would never surrender to Israeli or American pressure.
He vowed to transform the battlefield into “a living hell” for the Israeli occupation and praised the fighters’ faith, drones, missiles, and operational capabilities.
“They claimed you were finished and would be defeated. Yet your struggle has forged a model of resilience that has astonished the world,” Sheikh Qassem wrote.
Heavy Israeli Losses
The exchange of messages comes amid escalating operations by Hezbollah across southern Lebanon and northern occupied Palestine.
The Islamic Resistance has carried out dozens of attacks involving rockets, guided missiles, explosive devices, and drones, targeting Israeli troop concentrations, armored vehicles, and military positions.
According to figures cited in the report, the Israeli Ministry of Health said 8,783 settlers had been admitted to hospitals across occupied Palestine since the start of the war against Iran and the regional escalation on February 28, including 2,953 injuries in northern occupied Palestine.
The continuing correspondence between Hezbollah’s leadership and its fighters underscores the movement’s determination to press ahead with its campaign until Israeli forces are forced to withdraw from Lebanese territory. (PW)


