Amidst surging violence and extremism across the occupied Palestinian lands, Israeli forces have once again resorted to lethal force, resulting in the tragic death of another young Palestinian man in the northern region of the Israeli-occupied territories and the eviction of Muslim worshipers from Al-Aqsa Mosque.

Israeli forces have continued to escalate violence and extremism across the occupied Palestinian territories, as evidenced by the recent killing of 22-year-old Omar Sawaed in Kafr Yasif and the 25-year-old Amir Imar Abu Khadijeh during an Israeli military raid and siege of his home in Izbat Shoufa.

Omar Sawaed, 22
Omar Sawaed, 22 According to local sources, Israeli occupation forces detained three Palestinian young men, including two brothers, in a raid this morning at Nour Shams refugee camp in Tulkarm, in the occupied West Bank.

The Israeli army arrested Wesam and Abed Abu Lebdeh, both 19, and Bahaa Fayyad, 27, after raiding and searching their homes in the camp.

Meanwhile, undercover Israeli forces, who accompanied the army during the raid, brutally assaulted Mohammad Fayyad, 56, as they searched his home for his son Bahaa.

The man suffered severe bruises across his body and was taken to a nearby hospital for medical treatment.

Confrontations broke out between local residents and Israeli occupation forces during the raid, leading to the firing of rubber-coated rounds and stun grenades by the latter.

However, no injuries were reported.

IOF Force Worshipers Out of Al-Aqsa According to local sources, scores of Israeli settler extremists, guarded by police officers, unlawfully entered the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound in occupied Jerusalem today, shortly after police had forcefully evicted Muslim worshipers from the holy site.

Israeli settlers at AL-Aqsa Mosque The Jordanian-run Islamic Waqf authority, responsible for the holy site, reported that the Israeli settlers entered the compound in groups through the Moroccan Gate and performed religious rituals with police protection.

Witnesses reported that Israeli police officers had raided the compound the previous night, forcibly evicting hundreds of Muslim worshipers and arresting at least two individuals.

This action is part of a long-standing pattern where Israeli authorities permit settlers to enter the compound frequently, except on Fridays, the Muslim day of rest and worship.

The Islamic Waqf has repeatedly criticized the settlers' presence as provocative, as it makes Palestinian worshipers and guards at Al-Aqsa Mosque uncomfortable with the presence of Israeli police and settlers touring the Islamic holy site.

The Israeli regime has escalated deadly violence against Palestinians in recent months throughout the occupied territories, resulting in the deaths of dozens of Palestinians and numerous arrests.

Most of the raids have targeted Nablus and Jenin, as Israeli forces try to suppress the growing Palestinian resistance in these cities.

This year, Israeli forces have killed around 90 people, primarily in the occupied West Bank, marking the deadliest start of the year for Palestinians in over two decades.

Local and international rights groups have condemned Israel's 'shoot-to-kill policy' and excessive use of force against Palestinians.

Original Article Source: Al Manar | Published on Sunday, 26 March 2023 11:20 (about 474 days ago)